IIS "GANDHI", for many years, has enriched its training offer through numerous activities and projects concerning history and cinema to achieve the following aims:
1) As a specific objective of the learning outcomes of the historical-humanistic area, the conclusion of the high school (and technical) course, in order to:
- understand the cultural conditions and the nature of politicaI, legaI, sociaI and economie institutions, with particular reference to ltaly and Europe and understand the rights and duties that characterize being citizens;
- know the history of ltaly inserted in the European and international context from the Middle Ages to the present day. know how to enjoy the creative expressions of the arts and the means of expression, including entertainment, music, visual arts.
2) In order to create an open school, which will become a permanent laboratory for research, experimentation and teaching innovation, participation andactive citizenship.Through these projects, the institute aims to guarantee the right to education, equal opportunities for successful training and permanent education for citizens (paragraph 1 and 16, law 07/2015).
The most significant projects in this regard, ranging from a.s. 2010-2011 at a.s. 2017-2018 are the following:
- The film laboratory
The activity involves reading the filming text, starting to understand the narrative structure and the expressive codes and the analysis of film techniques in collaboration with experts.
The project also envisages the creation of a film laboratory for the production of a short film in which the students elaborate the subject, the screenplay and the interpretation by participating in the shooting and editing.
The project is aimed at classes V and aims to analyze events and thematic nodes of contemporary history from the second half of '900 to the present day, through films, photos and videos. The goal is to create a laboratory of contemporary history that, through the use of video documents, allows a multidisciplinary understanding of the historical event.
- The great transformations of the short century through images
With this project we intend to disseminate, through images and films, the knowledge of the fundamental steps of the so-called "short century", with emphasis on totalitarian regimes, world conflicts, modem democracies, the birth ofthe ltalian Republic and economic growth. lt is open to all students of the fifth classes.
- Videonarrare to think: Cineforum
The aim is to previde cognitive, interpretative and formative elements on current issues and present-day history, through knowledge and skills in reading the filming text. To these projects that start directly from the film materiai to tell the story, there are numerous others, which develop historical themes and use the film materiai as a cognitive and educational tool (for example: From locaI history to world history; the formation of a united Europe: Historical Memory: the interweaving of microstoria and macro-history, the memory of the Great War).